1. Download the printable templates. We have two festive options to choose from:
2. Print the tags double-sided so the pattern will show on the opposite side of the tag. Either feed the same paper twice (print one page at a time) or if your printer has double-sided printing functionality, make sure to choose that option. We’ve found that printing on 65-lb. card stock works fantastically!
If you love our wrapping paper, you can navigate over to Spoonflower to our Holiday Cheer Collection to order any of these designs!
3. Cut out the tags with a good pair of sharp scissors.
4. Hole punch! You know how this works.
5. Thread your ribbon through the hole.
You may have heard that we launched photo books recently. Or maybe you haven’t. In either case, we have some fun ideas for how you can use our photo books for gifts – some admittedly a little more outside the box than others ;)
1. Wedding Hashtag Photo Book – Tap that hashtag, download the photos from the wedding (we recommend Iconosquare) and surprise the bride and groom with a photo book on their doorstep just a couple weeks after the ceremony!
2. Kid’s Art Book – Snap a photo of your child’s masterpieces and print them all in one place to look at again and again. And, send one to the grandparents who will swoon over the sweetness.
3. Photo Cook Book – Make your own photo cook book with an image of the final product on one page and on the facing page use our text page to type in the recipe. Great for those secret family recipes that you want to preserve forever.
4. Family Faces Book – Your littlest ones will love seeing and learning all of the faces in your family with our photo books. With 40 glossy pages to fill, there’s plenty of room for every family member (Including that uncle you haven’t seen in 15 years who still sends you a card every year with your name spelled wrong. Just me?)
5. “Best of the Year” Instagram Photo Book – Hook up your Instagram, import 40 photos, hit auto-fill and like magic your photos, captions and dates will fill in on the screen. A great way to remember the highlights from your year. Hit finalize and you’re done!
6. Publish Your Own Book – This one may take a little more time, but if you ever wanted to be a published author, now’s your chance. Whether it’s a children’s book you’ve been dreaming up or a short story that needs a forever home, our photo books are perfect for any burgeoning author. Just choose the Instagram caption option in our standard photo books for each page.
7. Romantic Love Letters Book – Make the love of your life feel like they’re – well – the love of your life with a love letters book. Alternate photo pages of your favorite memories with text pages to create beautiful testament to your relationship.
8. Photo Guest Book – Take your guest book to the next level by including family photos with a welcome at the front. Use our text pages to your advantage by adding a fun titles to each page to encourage fun notes.
9. Instagram Photo Book Monthly Library – For the Instagram power user. With over 150 patterns to choose from, you could create a unique 40-page monthly book for the next decade (if we never created another pattern again, which you know is not going to happen!)
10. Photo How-To Guide – Have a family tradition you want to pass down? How about a fun DIY project that you want to pass along to a friend? Or a complicated recipe that needs its own book? Photo document the process, type out the instructions and go!
11. Cocktail Recipe Book – Mix it up with a fun photo cocktail recipe book with your favorite adult beverages! Choose our beautiful full-bleed pages to showcase your images in a stunning fashion and add an accompanying text page to write your recipe.
12. Grandkids Photo Book – Grandma and Gramps will go crazy over a photo book of all of their grandkids with captions with high points of their year!
13. Letters to Your Kids – Write letters to your little ones with our text editor pages and add accompanying photos from their life to this point that they can read later in life. Meaningful, beautiful way to show your love.
14. Adoption Family Profile Book//Adoptive Story Book – Print a photo book of friends, family and all of the things that make your family special. Or, document your journey to adoption with photos leading up to and during adoption day!
15. Portfolio – Whether you’re a graphic artist, interior designer or traditional artist, showcase your work in our beautiful, hand-stitched photo books. Add text, photos and make your projects shine!
16. Inspiration Book – Designing a new home? Doing a landscaping project? Make an inspiration book crammed with fun ideas for your project that you can flip through or hand over to your client.
17. #SelfieBook – While we don’t necessarily condone taking selfies all the time, maybe … OK, this is a terrible idea ;)
We know how hard getting your holiday cards out can be. Finding a photographer, getting your crew together, making sure everyone is smiling, getting the photos back, uploading them, etc. The holidays are busy enough – that’s why we make it so easy to build photo cards.
How easy? We made a 1 minute video that shows a card going from start to sent. Watch below :)
We are so, so, SO thrilled to announce that we have been named one of Oprah’s Favorite Things for 2014! May Books will be featured in the December 2014 issue of O Magazine: December 2014 Gift Guide. To celebrate, now through December 31 enjoy 20% off Maybooks using coupon code OPRAH
We’ve had a longstanding relationship with Oprah and her team. We were so thrilled to have given May Books to the Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls in South Africa for the past two years. We monogramed hundreds of notebooks with the school’s motto, “Life 101,” and each student was able to pick out their favorite pattern! We are so proud to be part of this initiative and are thrilled we got to be a small participant in the girls’ joy while they were at the Academy!
The issue will be released on newsstands on November 11th (grab a copy!). Until then, YOU GET A MAY BOOK…YOU GET A MAY BOOK…YOU GET A MAYBOOK!